Friends of Community Media will hold its monthly meeting of the second Saturday of the month at 2:00 PM Saturday, 5/10/20 via Zoom video conferencing. Minutes from the previous meeting are available. To join in if you did not get the email, contact Spencer Graves our secretary who has set it up. He will provide a password. Some agenda items include (additions are welcome):
AGENDA FOR FRIENDS OF COMMUNITY MEDIA MEETING 2020-05-09
* FCM Mission:
* Minutes of the last meeting? .
* Treasurer Report:
Website Committee: ourfcm.org:E
vents Committee:Craig regarding videoconference for the Media & Religion speaker for our canceled May 17?
Launching a new local nonprofit news organization to work with KKFI: Spencer is still looking for a journalist to collaborate with us. He is talking about contacting hyperlocal news sites like
● John Sharp and the Martin City Telegraph (https://martincitytelegraph.com)
● The Shawnee Mission Post (https://shawneemissionpost.com/)
● The Midtown KC Post (http://midtownkcpost.com/)
● Other contacts via LION(Local Independent Online News) Publishers (https://www.lionpublishers.com/lion-member-spotlight-midtown-kc-post/)?
However, Spencer hasn’t created time to work on this recently.NEW BUSINESS:· Co-sponsoring candidate fora with PeaceWorksKC.org and / or local chapters of the League of Women Voters?·
Carrying out FCMannual meeting and board election. How?