Friday 12/14/18 7 PM 3707 Penn.
A monthly get-together with people interested in the media. Food, friends, discussion. Continuing the discussion of a series on the media for 2019.
- Legal Issues in the Media – where we could invite experts like Robin and encourage discussion;
- Conversion Therapy in the Media – how media uncritically cover fundamentalist “conversion therapy” which attempts through torturous ways to convert homosexuals away from the way they were born;
- Religion in the Media – how some religions are covered in the more “equally” and accurately than other religions;
- Media – for Profit, or Not-for profit – difficulty and successes of some independent media and why they are successful or fail;
- Why do Conservatives and Progressives Hate the Media – panel discussion of people from opposite points of view on the media – could be lively;
- Honesty in Reporting – Is there really such thing as “objective media” and how do we tell?;
- Panel of People Who Have Left the Media – forced out or quit like those recently from channel 4 and the Kansas City Star. And what are their perspectives on the place they left and media in general.